This style of hat was very popular during the 1400's and often, those that went on pilgrimage worn their souvenirs on it to boast of their travels. Pilgrim badges were also sold by peddler's so you could get one and say you went on pilgrimage whether you did or not!
The brown hat pictured has been embellished with 5 handmade pewter badges: Knight on Horseback, Scallop Shell, Crowned M, St Catherine's Wheel and Amour. (Handmade pewter badges from Billy and Charlie)
You can also add the missing ones for the price listed, just request a custom order through our Etsy Shop.
1. Scallop Shell from Santiago a Compostello - St. Paul and the generic symbol for pilgrimage - $4
2. A for Amour (Love) or any SCA kingdom that begins with the letter A. This one was made in Atlantia - $6
3. Crowned M for Virgin Mary or Minnie (courtly love) - $6
4. St. Peter (Key) is the Guardian of the Gates of Heaven and St. Paul (Sword) is the Defender of the Faith - $6
5. St. Catherine's Wheel - $6
6. Knight on Horseback - $7
7. Head of St. John the Baptist - $6
8. Amour - Love token from the Netherlands - $6
The dark brown felt hat in the pictures is a S-M and will fit heads up to 21 1/2".
There is a larger brown felt that is a M-L and will fit heads up to 23"
The red one will fit heads up to 24"
The under hood/coif is fencing legal and listed in the Rapier Section.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.