This style of hat was very popular during the 1400's and often, those that went on pilgrimage worn their souvenirs on it to boast of their travels. Pilgrim badges were also sold by peddler's so you could get one and say you went on pilgrimage whether you did or not! We have added love badges to this one because they were popular and could be bought at faires, carnivals and from peddlers as well.
The hat pictured has been embellished with 5 handmade pewter badges:
1. A for Amour (Love), anyone's name or any SCA kingdom that begins with the letter A. This one was made in Atlantia
2. Head of St. John the Baptist from Amiens, France, the resting place of the saint's head
3. Amour, a circle love token from the Netherlands
4. Scallop Shell from Santiago a Compostello - St. Paul and the generic symbol for pilgrimage
5. St. Peter's Key and St. Paul' Sword
One size only! L - XL - fits up to a 24" head
You can also add the missing ones for the price listed, just request a custom order through our Etsy Shop.
1. Scallop Shell from Santiago a Compostello - St. Paul and the generic symbol for pilgrimage - $4
2. A for Amour (Love) or any SCA kingdom that begins with the letter A. This one was made in Atlantia - $6
3. Crowned M for Virgin Mary or Minnie (courtly love) - $6
4. St. Peter (Key) is the Guardian of the Gates of Heaven and St. Paul (Sword) is the Defender of the Faith - $6
5. St. Catherine's Wheel - $6
6. Knight on Horseback - $7
7. Head of St. John the Baptist - $6
8. Amour - Love token from the Netherlands - $6
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.